Sunday, August 13, 2017

Rest In Peace, Luciano

One of my favorite people in the world is no longer with us. This morning, Luciano Berruti, Mr. l'Eroica, suffered a heart attack and died while doing the thing he inspired many of us to do... just ride!

Fundraising for the film about his life have been ongoing for a little while now, and I'll post links to it once I can locate the correct place. In the meantime, I urge you to watch this trailer, even if you don't understand Italian. You don't need to know the words to understand the type of person Luciano was.

I ask that we all honor his memory by striving to be as kind to each other as he was to us, by appreciating the old school values and history of cycling and by riding your bike... whatever bike it is, old or new, high end or decrepit.








2 comments:

  1. What a huge loss for thousands of Eroica cyclists and for his many friends throughout the world! He was, as you say, very kind, generous, and energetic. Thank you for letting us know this sad news. May he rest in peace and ride in glory...

    ReplyDelete
  2. His passion and elan will be missed. I'm happy to have met him at Eroica, California, where he stopped to admire a Peugeot frame I had purchased at the swap. Andiamo Luciano.

    ReplyDelete